Working environments have become more design led. Whether it’s reflecting a particular lifestyle to attract clients and retain staff or helping work be more efficient and pleasurable. We spend nearly ¼ of our time in the office, so make it a pleasure and design new work spaces that reflect modern ways of working
ACE furniture solutions create inspiring environments using ergonomically designed quality furniture. Mindful that work surroundings influence our daily lives more than we realise, we believe that good office design is one of the most crucial aspects of your business.
- After reorganisations from cellular offices to open-plans, allocated desks to hot-desking, today’s working spaces need to facilitate co or agile working. They must be flexible to adapt to tomorrow’s demands and be practical, attractive and durable enough to stand the test of time!
- The best office spaces include a variety of settings that allow professionals to be intensely productive, based on the type of work being done.
- Forethought is needed to include quiet spaces, areas for total privacy, zones for fun as well as collaborative work places so that team members can migrate appropriately throughout the day.
- Young professionals covet trendy lounge settings. Recent research found that 32% of workers between the ages of 18-34 prefer working in lounge settings rather than more traditional ones. Whether it’s because Millenials have grown up in a wireless world or because the nature of their work simply enables mobility, this group values the freedom to choose where and how they work.
- Open office plans allow for more natural light in the workspace, as well as better collaboration. Minimalism and simplicity foster creativity: Clutter is the enemy of focus and innovation. A light, open floor plan with sleek furniture and remote capabilities is simply more intuitive and interesting than other office designs, as its streamlined architecture speaks for itself.
- According to Fast Company, natural light improves the health of everyone in the office. Study after study has proven that sunlight boosts energy and mood. Without cubicles, the space feels less cluttered. In the most successful businesses, it’s not just the CEO who gets the “office with the view;” Clusters along the sides of open windows allow plenty of natural light to pour in and are found in more and more companies.
- Each department has its own goals, personality and strategy. So each department requires its own unique layout. Great office design should enhance these workflows. For instance, a sales department may need enclosed spaces because they are on the phone most of the time. Whereas, a creative department is more comfortable in a relaxed, open office plan where collaboration can easily take place.
- Communal areas are important: While individuals may require their own private desk to focus and complete their work, consider space for people to relax and unplug on occasion.
- When your employees need to enjoy a snack or make a quick phone call, there should be a place for them to do so. Communal areas where individuals can hold brainstorming sessions or unwind after hours are incorporated into many modern designs.
- Office Design is vital for Productivity. Strong design and layout helps to increase mood, efficiency and ultimately productivity. Increased productivity = increased bottom line. There’s no doubt that happy employees are productive employees.
Today’s most desired workplaces foster a personal, collaborative and innovative workspace. Everyday activities undertaken in busy working areas determine how furniture should effectively facilitate new ways of working, learning and interacting.
Our experienced furniture team can help you design the perfect layout that fits your requirements and makes the best use of available space. We supply a wide range of furniture options from highly designed bespoke boardroom to the latest in cost effective call centre furniture.
Your requirements are paramount to us, which is why we take the time to listen to what you need and will make our recommendations based on your personal requirements. We work with you to ensure the final design proposed is the best one for you which takes into account your preferences, while making sure issues such as health and safety and ergonomic requirements are met.
Whether you are planning the reorganisation of your existing premises, refurbishment of your current workspace, or relocation to new premises, we can help. We partner with a range of providers to be able to offer you the complete solution from planning, to installation including mezzanine floors, partitioning systems and much more.
Contact our specialist furniture team on 01202 240000 then press 2